April – June 2019
HRH The Countess of Wessex HRH The Earl of Wessex
17 January 2019 – my birthday 🙂 – NO PICS
- attended a Born Free Foundation 35th Anniversary Dinner at The Hari Hotel, 20 Chesham Place, Belgravia, London, SW1.
31 March 2019 – no pics
- Patron, Foundation of Light, attended the Checkatrade Cup Final at Wembley Stadium, London, HA9.
21 April 2019
29 April – 2nd May 2019 – visit to India
- Day 1
Arrival in Hyderabad, Monday 29 April.
Sophie will visit three hospitals and meet with leading eye health professionals.
The royal will see work the charitable foundation has supported to tackle avoidable blindness in babies born prematurely.
- Day 3
In Mumbai, Sophie will visit a school where she will meet Queen’s Young Leader, Deane de Menezes, whose project ‘Red is the new Green’ aims to destigmatise menstruation.
Sophie will also visit a health centre where she will meet Queen’s Young Leader Aditya Kulkarni, who has helped to reduce maternal and child mortality rates in India.
- Day 4
In New Delhi she will also undertake engagements in support of the Women, Peace and Security Agenda (WPS) and championing the empowerment of women.
- Day 5
Returns to the UK Friday 3 May.
7 May 2019
- Patron, Disability Initiative, will open the new Satellite Service at Disability Initiative, 85 Clarence Road, Fleet, Hampshire.
8 May 2019
- Chair, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Women’s Network Forum, will attend a Next Generation Event at Macquarie Offices, 28 Ropemaker Street, London, EC2.
8 – 12 May 2019
- Royal Windsor Horse Show – TRH’s are Vice-Presidents of the Show
13 May 2019
- The Earl of Wessex, The Countess of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and The Countess of Wessex, Chair, Women in Business Committee, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, will hold a Reception for young people who have achieved the Gold Standard in the Award at Buckingham Palace.
14 May 2019
- will hold a Reception for Disability Inclusion at St James’s Palace.
- President, Girlguiding, will attend a Reception at Google, King’s Cross Campus, 6 Pancras Square, London, N1C.
15 May 2019
- Patron, Chartered Management Institute, will attend the President’s Gold Medal and Lifetime Achievement Award Dinner at Kensington Palace.
- at the moment engagement dissapeared from royal diary. TBU
18 May 2019
- will open the new facilities at Marden Sports Club, Maidstone Road, Marden, Tonbridge, Kent.
6 June 2019
- will attend a Dinner for Neurodiversity at London, W1.